This post is inspired by A Novel Place’s post “Top 5 Novels That Bring Out The Sap In Me” . I decided to do the same thing, because I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this, but when it comes to books and movies, I cry VERY easily. I cry during The Lion King when Mufasa dies….. so you get my point. 🙂 These 5 books that I chose might not be a tearjerker per se, but they make me cry every time. They are in order from least to greatest.
5. New Moon by Stephanie Meyer
– I know this one is slightly controversial, because there are probably as many people who hate these books as who love them, but I have to include this. If Edward and Bella make you want to puke, I understand. Skip to number 4. Even though when I read this I knew that Edward would eventually come back to Bella, it still breaks my heart! I cry every time I read this, but my smile comes back at the end of the book and continues throughout the rest of the series!
4.Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
– Ahhh, J.K. Rowling. I can’t wait for her new book to come out! I love love LOVE the Harry Potter books! This is my favorite of the whole series. It does make me cry when Harry dies, it makes me so sad! I followed him throughout his school life, and then he died! Mostly what made me sad was how willing he was to die to save everyone! That is so noble! But I was very happy when good prevailed as always!
3.A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
-” It was the best of times, it was the worst of times…..” The reason this book makes me cry is similar to why Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows does. The beauty of self sacrifice. I loved the knitting in this book, and it has an interesting plot. But there is that desperate feeling that you get somehow knowing that people will die in the end. And the overwhelming poverty. All of this combined makes me want to bawl my eyes out, and the end just puts me over the top.
2. Gone With the Wind by Margret Mitchell
– If you have read this book, you will know exactly why the end of this makes me sad. If you haven’t, everything about love you thought you knew in this book is changed and then denied to you. Scarlett O’Hara is on her 3rd husband, and she will never be able to marry the one she really loves. Then something happens( I don’t want to spoil it) that makes her realize that she has always loved someone ELSE, who then decides he doesn’t want her anymore. Not to mention she just lost a child AND had a miscarraige. I cry and cry every time. There is no happy ending to this.
1.Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
– The most tragic and very best love story of all time. You will cry when you read this book unless you have a heart made of stone.
“And when I shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars,and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night, and pay no worship to the garish sun.”
This is one of my favorite Shakespeare quotes ever. I love memorizing Shakespeare, I actually fall asleep by reading through the best speeches in my mind. Yeah. I’m a nerd sometimes. But Shakespeare ROCKS!
Thanks again for letting me borrow the idea, A Novel Place!
Feel free to pass this on! 🙂