I could SWEAR I’ve done this award before, but I couldn’t help myself! I haven’t finished a book in a while and this is such a fun award to do!! 🙂
1. What’s the last book that made you so mad you had to throw it across the room?
That’s a hard one, because I haven’t ever actually thrown a book across the room. I’ve been mad enough to do so, certainly, but I have to much respect for books for that. And the walls. I’d feel bad for the walls.
Anyway, the last time I got REALLY angry at a book was at The Lost Girl, and I was more mad at myself for skipping to the end than at the book. Nevertheless, I got all teary and couldn’t finish it and I really regret that because it was a great book.
2. Which do you prefer, awesome notebooks or cool pens?
I hate that you’re making me choose. But I suppose awesome notebooks, because if I’m writing in a nice notebook where the paper is smooth and it smells like warm leather, I can’t help but be happy.
3. Name a song that is reflective of your WIP’s theme.
Let me go check my soundtrack.
I think ‘Safe and Sound’ by Taylor Swift.
4. Would you keep writing your story if someone had already written something similar?
That is a really, really hard question for me to answer, as a writer. But I like to think that yes, I would.
5. Name the last animal you wrote about.
I last wrote about a beautiful white and tan dappled horse.
6. List five writing cliches.
Love at first sight.
A girl falling in love with her guy best friend, or vice versa.
And those are all I can think of, because i try to forget them as much as I can.
7. If you had the chance to experience death and then come back, would you take it?
No. Who would come back from heaven?
8. The cops are pounding at your door at midnight. What do you do?
1. put on some real clothes so I don’t embarass myself coming to the door in fluffy pajamas with, like, unicorns on them or something
2. open the door and be nice to the cops. I kind of get the feeling people were expecting a more exciting ‘sprint out the back door with a shiv made of my toothbrush’ type thing, but I’m kind of a pacifist. They’re probably just pounding on the door to tell me that I’ve left my headlights on.
9. Aforementions cops are checking your browser history. What do they find?
Well, why are they snooping around my computer if all I did was leave my headlights on?
Um… they would find me going to google and searching for the proper way to spell shiv. And also that I am on Twitter far, far too much.
10. Do you think birds are weird?
I think birds are absolutely terrifying and I want them nowhere near me unless they are a chicken, roasted with thyme and lemon juice.
11. A djinn can make you the world’s best writer with a snap of his fingers, no hard work required. Would you say yes?
*upon reading this question I edit my answer to #9. said cops would find a google search of: ‘what is a djinn?’. read: genie thingy.*
Absolutely not. I am a big believer in the process being as important as the product, so absolutely not. I’d rather work hard and be great than have greatness due to no talent of my own.
My questions for y’all are:
1. If you could throw anything in your house out of the window right now, what would it be?
2. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate? (i mean not that it’s a competition DARK CHOCOLATE but i’d still like to hear y’alls thoughts. it’s a pressing issue.)
3.What’s the best short story you’ve ever read?
4. Coke or Pepsi? (once again, there’s not really a competition between the two because DIET COKE but yes. thoughts.)
5. Real or fake christmas trees?
6.Plaid or stripes?
7.What is your favorite movie?
8. Coffee or tea?
9. Weirdest writing habit?
10. Favorite hat?
11. Warm weather or cold weather?
I realize that those questions had little to nothing to do with writing, but i hope y’all answer anyway.