Hey guys! I’ve had an amazing last few days, and that is all thanks to my lovely fantastic readers. 🙂 Man, do you guys rock.
I received 2 blogs awards yesterday. That’s right. On the same day! And then, one of my fellow recipients of this award re-nominated me. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate these blog awards. I love hearing that people enjoy reading my blog, because who doesn’t love a little positive enforcement? But that definitely isn’t why I do this. I review books because that is what I love to do, and you guys telling me you love it too just makes it EVEN MORE fun for me to continue!
The first award I received was from Mad for Living. I had no idea who she was before this, but after a quick look over her blog, I love it!!! From what I can tell, we are pretty similar (our loves for travel, language, art, and books) and that is very cool.
The explanation of the ‘Sisterhood of the World Blogger’s Award’ is pretty vague. From what I can tell, it is an award given to those ‘Sister’ bloggers that you love! It means a lot to receive this award from someone I had no idea read my blog, much less enjoyed it so much! The first rule is for you to list 7 random things about yourself. (but as always, I am breaking this rule haha)
1. I really want to travel. Just like Jenn, I dream of going to foreign places, meeting people of different cultures, picking up languages. Books help me fill this love for now, but someday I would like to travel for real!
2. I love black and white TV, especially I Love Lucy!
3. My friend and I (we both really want to travel) recently made a pledge to visit every Disney park in the whole world! (What a fun way to see the world, right? We both love Disney world a ridiculous amount as well!)
4. I have never been able to roll my tongue into a hotdog. It seems like everyone can do that but me!
5. I stink at writing random facts about myself.
And now I’m moving on the the next blog award, because I want to nominate the same people for both awards.
What a great blog award this is! It is for those lovely book bloggers who ‘refuse to live in the real world’! I was nominated for this award first by Amy from A Story of A Dreamer. Amy is pretty amazing! She’s 16 and she’s already an agented writer! I met her through Twitter and had no idea she followed my blog, until now! And then, a few hours later Ashtyn from Wonderland’s Reader re-nominated me! I had no idea who she was- but it turns out we’re very similar! All 3 times, I had no idea the person who nominated me liked my blog. It’s awesome to hear praise from people you didn’t know you were fans at all!
For the Booker Award, you have to name your top-5 favorite books!
1. I know there are many mixed opinions on this book, but all political correctness aside, I love this book! I think it is timeless, and the greatest love story of all time, because it isn’t perfect. Everyone should read this book at least once!
2. I know I read this recently, but I just love this book so darn much. You can go read my glowing review of it if you’d like and in-depth explanation of why, but it comes down to her beautiful writing and amazing characters!
3. A great way to tell if a book is my favorite is to look at the state of wear it is in! Some people never read the same book twice, but I think a very good book is one you can read many times and never get tired of! My copy of Fire is positively ratty. My copies of Harry Potter- held together with duck tape. And my point is made.
4. This is just such a great book. I can relate to Cassandra more than any other character of any other book I’ve ever read!!
5. This book captured me from the very beginning. I can’t wait for the e-novella and the second installment!
and there you have it! All that’s left is to nominate some lovely bloggers! (there are some of each- Sisters, bookers, and both!)
Check these ladies out! They all rock! 🙂
The other news is, I recently received my 100th follower! YAY! It has been about 6 months now, and I am very happy with the way my blog has grown since I started! I appreciate all of you for supporting me!
Happy Reading! 😀